Outside The House
Here are a few things to remember that will hopefully make your time spent outdoors more memorable:
- The light switches around the house have all been labeled. Some are used to provide power to outside outlets and should be kept on all the time as the outside lights automatically come on at dusk and are motion detecting
- Garbage day is every Tuesday. Recycling is every other Monday. When you check out, you will need to take all your recycling and garbage with you. The Township landfill (clickable link) is 5 minutes down the road and is open regular hours during the week (closed from 12-1 for lunch). It is open on Saturdays until 12
- There is a fire pit on the property. Feel free to use it if there are no fire restrictions in the area. Please note, to ensure future safe use for children and others, leave no glass, bottle caps, wires or any sort of garbage at the fire pit
- Kindly be sure to remove all your garbage, recycling, food and other goods when you leave. There should be cleaning products left in the house to help you clean before you leave; to avoid any cleaning charges, please make sure the house is left in the condition in which you find it.
- We think that BBQing is highly enjoyable part of the summer holiday experience. Please take good care of it to ensure future good use
- Before turning on, spray grill with non-stick spray/use a BBQ brush to put a light coating of cooking oil to keep the grill non-stick (bottles are provided)
- Scrub the grill down after EVERY use to avoid a buildup of caked on fat and meat.